Considering it's late, and most people have probably already purchased plenty of gifts for everyone. I decided to make public some material things that I would like to obtain while I am still alive, and the reasons for wanting them. Keep in mind that these are in no way reflective of what I really think about Christmas (I'm saving that for next week), but it's simply a way for me to jump on the materialistic bandwagon and accumulate more junk that I'll be leaving behind to any descendants that I may or may not have with a future wife that I may or may not find.
Maybe you'll find it in your heart to buy me stuff. Maybe not. I'm just putting this out there for everyone to know!
As is fairly obvious, I love books. In fact, I run out of space for books. If I were any sort of wealthy, I could probably fill a whole mansion with books. And probably have read all of them at least once! Though, I do have a soft spot for fantasy and science fiction, classics and other things are also good.
Some books I like:
- Captain Alatriste's book six and beyond
- Hardcover Lord of the Rings set (Hobbit included if you want)
- Hardcover The Wheel of Time set
- Harmon and Holman's Handbook to Literary Terms, newish edition? The ex never gave back the old copy I had. Probably all chewed up now. A replacement would be nice!
- Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn novels, and the Stormlight Archive.
- D.H. Lawrence's novels and poetry
- Wordsworth's poetry
- Various classics that anyone thinks is relevant
In case you didn't know, I like toys. Action figures to be precise. But, as I age, I find my tastes in toys changing slightly. While I still want to collect figures, I've taken to collecting and painting miniatures from Games Workshop's various lines.
As such, here are some things related to toys that I would like.
- A complete set of Vallejo Game Paints. Lots of black, white and flesh wash please!
- Citadel: Nuln oil, Agrax Earthshade, Reikland Fleshshade
- Dozens of really small good quality red sable brushes. Nylon brushes are cheap, but they fray and split and curl too easily. These are really tiny ones, probably the same sort used for makeup, but smaller.
- Pin vise for drilling things in models
- Warhammer Fantasy: Dwarf Warriors, Longbeards, Thunderers, Hammerers, Cannons, Guns, anything! I will not say no to more troopers!
- Warhammer Fantasy: Bretonnian knights, lords, anyone. Shiny knights are always cool. Mostly for display purposes, since I need plenty to be really effective.
- Warhammer Fantasy: Skaven and Empire are okay, but they're not really my cup of tea.
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marines, specifically Space Wolves. Tactical marines, assault marines, tanks, drop pods, anything!
- Warhammer 40,000: Astra Militarum. I want to try them, but they're too expensive to properly begin playing. Maybe if they were on sale.
- Lord of the Rings SBG: Character miniatures. Elrond, Galadriel, Tauriel, Faramir, Haldir, Eomer. Stuff like that. For collecting mostly. They look nice.
- Mass Effect figures, I like Mass Effect and I like their action figures too. The idea of having Liara watch over my stuff is nice.
- Pacific Rim figures. Chugga chugga, Cherno Alpha! And Coyote Tango. Giant monsters destroying decadent humanity is cool. Giant robots beating up giant monsters is cooler.
- Boba Fett. I've always been a fan since I saw the remastered edition in the 90s, but I never was able to find an action figure of his.
Other things that I might probably appreciate:
- Nice button-up shirts
- Fountain pen ink
- Dip/Calligraphy pen holder and nibs
- Time and attention! (I may be kidding on this one, you never know)
This makes me sound like such a needy person. But it's mostly toys anyway. What are the things you want to collect? Do you have any public wishlists I can view?